Saturday, August 6, 2011


Well... its August 6th. In exactly 14 days (hey- that's 2 weeks from today!) Bruce the Brussels will be home with his mommy and daddy. Look >>>> it's our first family photo!

I have been a dog
person for ever. Growing up I had a black lab named Dakota. He was the greatest dog known to man. He passed away a few years ago at 13 years old. RIP Dakota! We miss and love you.

Long story short- I've been without a dog for about a few years. My future-husband to be (see above. Isn't he cute!) is a cat person. About a month ago Alex told me that we needed to get an animal. I figured with him being a cat person- and us living in a 1 bedroom apartment- he meant he wanted a cat. NOPE! Turns out, he wanted a dog.

The Brussels Griffon are described as a big dog in a small body. Quoted below is a description of the breed from the AKC website. (http://www.akc.org/breeds/brussels_griffon/)

"The intelligent and cheerful Brussels Griffon has a terrier-like disposition and is known for his almost human expression. This affectionate breed comes in a variety of colors, including red, belge (black and reddish brown), black and tan, or black. This breed makes a good watchdog and can be taught to perform a variety of tricks. A Brussels Griffon was featured in 1997's hit, "As Good As It Gets", starring Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. The affectionate, charming and curious personality of the Brussels Griffon makes it a good companion dog. However, this breed is not typical of the "pampered pet" stereotype of Toy breeds. Their active indoor lifestyle and small size makes them ideal for apartment life, but they still need to be taken for daily walks. The breed can have either a rough or smooth coat. Each coat needs twice-weekly brushing and shaping every three months."

In other words.. Awesome.

We met Bruce on July 23rd. Choosing from 4 puppies- he was the one who was constantly at my side. He slept in my lap. He played with me.. he snuggled with Alex. We knew then THAT was the dog for us.


In fact- Alex even made a video of our first meeting:



I am planning on using this blog as my "puppy outlet" to talk about the countdown until he comes home, updates on training, etc etc.

Welcome to Bruce's home on the interwebs! I hope to see you again soon *waves*







No comments:

Post a Comment